Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Back to the Grind

We've had a pretty busy and tiring week with me starting my new job and Helena deciding to get what the doctor says is 'multiple' teeth all at once. She's been a peach, I tell ya. She's moving around on her own very well now, and below, she is kindly demonstrating her newest trick:

Yep, that's her standing up in her crib all by herself when she's supposed to be going to sleep. This is our new game. Although I'm not certain I would call it a game because games are supposed to be fun. Anyway...I think she also gets that mischievous look from her dad. Maybe he should put her to bed. :)

I'll try to post something interesting about my job once I have something notable to discuss. Here's my
station's website for any of you that are really really bored. It seems like a pretty cool, laid back place to work. I think I'll like it once I get everything figured out and some things whipped into shape how I want them. It will also be helpful when I quit getting lost, missing my turn, etc. on my drive to AND from work every day. Today I accidentally went to the airport on my way home. Maybe that's a sign???

I'm off to watch the Stanley Cup Finals with Ashford, because I'm the best wife ever. Hockey is bearable to me when I pretend it's basketball on ice. Try it sometime. Go Red Wings!

-Emily :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first got down here I use to "purposfully" get lost every weekend so I could learn my way around and then a few extra times during the week. I still have trouble at night. Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

purposefully...it wouldn't be from me if everything was spelled correctly

kjl said...

I'm glad you're enjoying work so far--hope it continues to go well. I can't believe how big Helena is already. Chad is sitting next to me and said "their kid is standing already?" :) She is so adorable!