Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Did you wonder where I was?!?

I'm back! Spent a long weekend in Kansas with the fam...very relaxing and nice to see everyone and get a little lake time in. My new nephew looks EXACTLY like his dad. Can't stress EXACTLY enough. You'll see in the pictures. A rundown of notable events from the trip:

1. I drank too much at the annual Island Party at the lake. I may have mooched some vodka off my friend from high school (thanks Kelli!), shared some Jim Beam with my Dad, and tried to tackle my brother in law. All in good fun, of course. And how else are you supposed to celebrate the first time you've had a babysitter in over 2 months!?!

2. I got to see Erin & Tracee since they were in Hutch, too, for their 10 year high school reunion. After trying in vain to get a seat at a decent restaurant in Hutch during the 'after church' rush, we ended up having lunch at Taco Hut (and yes, it's everything you think it is). The best parts were Erin puking in the bathroom (from being hungover, not from the Mexican food) and the choco taco for dessert. Oh, and it was great to catch up. Erin was a lot more chatty after her purge.

3. Went on a little nature hunt with my niece Ellie. I joked with her that we were going to look for snakes thinking we wouldn't find one, but guess what, we did. I was scared, she wanted to go look at it closer. Ended up it was dead. :) We also found a big green frog and thousands of minuscule baby frogs jumping on the beach.

4. Everyone on our flights to & from Wichita was SO NICE and SO HELPFUL. Helena made friends with everyone on the plane...played peekaboo with people behind us, let the guy sitting beside us hold her...yeah, it was crazy. Someone helped me fold up the stroller multiple times, offered to help me change her diaper, and the list goes on. Hopefully I didn't look so stressed and frazzled that they felt like they HAD to help me...I'm sure they were just being really nice.

5. I saw nearly every member of my family, which was nice. I felt like I had the chance to spend quality time with everyone. See ya at Christmas! So sad...

Some pics from our trip....

-Emily :)

4 comments:

kjl said...

I was starting to wonder where you were!! Glad you had a good trip. Sorry I didn't get to see you while you were in KS!

Anonymous said...

I miss taco hut and haven't had a choco taco in way too long.

Anonymous said...

I showed that bathroom who was boss.

Sadly, I was too sick to enjoy a choco taco.

:)

Erin

Tish said...

your kid is so flippin cute. is tracee the one that helped me hawk my engagement ring for gas money to move out to los angeles?! lol...ahhh if so you were in good company my dear