Monday, August 11, 2008

Cinco de us!

This past weekend was Ash & I's 5th wedding anniversary. I have to say we celebrated with a bang...a little too many martinis, wine, sushi, and banana and nutella crepes. Yes, our celebrations are usually centered around gluttony. At one point I may have been too drunk to really be in public. But it was awesome. I feel like this past year has been the best year for us so far, despite all of the stress of moving, starting new jobs, and adding Helena to the mix. I think having a kid has only made us closer. Definitely the best decision we ever made.

I can't believe it's been almost eight years since we started dating. Eight years since we went to Java Break in Lawrence for our first coffee date and talked for over 3 hours. Eight years since we watched our first movie together while my roommates embarrassed me in front of Ash like they were my little sisters. Eight years since Ash met my parents with rainbow colored hair. Wow, how time flies.

Sweetie, thanks for making every day interesting and for always making me laugh - and for a million other things I'll keep between us. I love you!

-Emily :)

P.S. - Disclaimer: This is an old picture. I am no longer long-haired and pregnant, and Ash had to shave his goatee as a condition of being able to buy his iphone. Ha!

8 comments:

Tracee said...

Ahh memories.... I remember the movie incident like it was yesterday, and the glorious dye job ; ) I was thinking of you guys last weekend. Glad you had a great time! Miss you both ~t

Tish said...

that's the sweetest blog my dear : )

making me tear up...

kjl said...

You'd think I'd be able to remember your anniversary since it's my freakin' birthday!! Sorry I forgot, but I'm glad you guys had a wonderful day! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I could not be happier for the two of you. I wish you nothing but happiness in all the years to come.
-Andrea

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwww!!!!! You big old drunk softies. It made me tear up too!!! Congrats!!!! Suzanne

Anonymous said...

I remember the look on your Dad's face when he saw Ashford's rainbow colored hair like it was yesterday! Ha!! Love Ya.....Mom

Anonymous said...

How Nice. This reminds me of the wedding web page of a certain someone and the comments left about their engagement. So Romantic!

Suzanne's Neighbor

Anonymous said...

I was hoping that wasn't a recent picture of you, Em, 'cause you look like crap! HA!...(Sorry, I just had to say that)...It's going to be KU season soon and I really wish you were still in Lawrence! I might have to adopt Erin or Tracee as my nieces! kll