Monday, August 18, 2008

Olympians we are not...

We haven't been doing a whole lot besides watching the Olympics and working on the never ending shower retiling project.

I have to say the Olympics are especially entertaining to me this time around. I was talking about gymnastics with Ashford tonight and mentioned Mary Lou Retton and how a couple of younger girls I work with didn't know who she was. Then he admits he has no idea who I'm talking about. WHAT?!? Are you SERIOUS? I know we were only 4 when she won the gold medal, but good god, you should at least know who she is for Trivial Pursuit purposes! Pay attention!

OK, while I recover from Ashford's obvious '80's pop culture inadequacies, here are some recent pictures of me drinking martinis on our anniversary where, once you get past my boobs, you can also see my new very short haircut (not sure if I like it or not yet), and some pics of Helena doing what Helena does - eating, smiling, running around, falling, trying to eat the camera. It's good to be a kid. :)

-Emily :)

P.S. - I'm too tired to rewrite that last paragraph that I just realized is basically one very long run-on sentence. Please forgive me. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your anniversary pics aren't on your flickr page. Don't be such a boob tease! :)
Erin

kjl said...

Yeah--what Erin said. I was all excited to see your new haircut!

EmilyG said...

OK- I think I fixed it. Flickr confuses me sometimes... Let me know if you can't see it now. :)

Anonymous said...

Now it says you have to be signed in to see the content. STILL no boobs.

Kim can act like she's here for the haircut, but we all know that she wants to see the cleavage, too. :)

Erin

EmilyG said...

OK...one more time. I had to reload the pics...I think I made them more 'secure' than I meant to the first time. If it doesn't work now I'm going to scream. :)

Enjoy the cleavage! ha!

Anonymous said...

The boobs and haircut both look good! Definitely an A+ on the new hair style!

Erin

Anonymous said...

Like the boobs, Like the hair. Now I want a martini.