Monday, July 28, 2008

Rotting My Brain

I have to admit I've been watching too much TV lately. I usually don't watch a lot of TV in the summer, but yeah, it seems to be getting out of control with Ash working all of the time. That said, there's some good stuff on this summer...a time when TV usually sucks. :) And surprisingly Ash & I are agreeing on more shows than normal. So, a list of shows I'm diggin' this summer.

1. Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood. My sis got me hooked on this one. It's cute. I like Tori Spelling better now than back in the 90210 days.
2. Intervention. There are some messed up people on this show. And you just can't quit watching. Especially during the stupid marathons.
3. Paige's Perfect 10. Reminds me of lazy college Saturdays when Trading Spaces first came out and Erin, Tracee and I would sit around our apartment and watch ALL DAY LONG. They're celebrating Paige's return to the show by counting down her 10 favorite episodes - most of which include cat fights about how someone hates brown.
4. The new season of Project Runway. That show just never gets old.
5. Flipping Out. Another Bravo favorite of mine. Tagline: You think your job is bad...be glad you don't work here. That's what TV's good for, I guess. Making you feel better about your situation by watching people who are worse off. ha!
6. And finally, Netflix can't deliver my Big Love episodes fast enough. I burn through them the minute they get in the front door. As fictional as it may seem, I think a lot of the cultural issues addressed in this episode ring true in Utah. And besides the 'educational' value, it's SO, SO GOOD. I also have a conspiracy theory about who the show is loosely based on. But I'm still investigating. Again, too much time on my hands.

If anyone has a good book to recommend, I'd be willing to listen.

-Emily :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I caught an episode of Paige's Perfect Ten this weekend, too, and had a bit of nostalgia about the raucous days of 2002 when we were living large and watched TV ALL DAMN DAY. Life was tough, huh? :)

Erin

Anonymous said...

I'm all hooked on Dexter now!!!!

Suzanne

Tracee said...

Tori and Dean and Project Runway are two of my fav's as well! I got sucked into Mad Men when last season's marathon ran last week, so I guess I'm hooked. I'm going to have to start renting Big Love too. I've seen one season and loved it! Keep me posted on your theory : )

Tish said...

aight so i don't know about any of those shows (besides project runway but it's too early to say anything too "licious" --ick by the way--) so here are some book suggestions:

eat pray love (although i'm hoping you've already read it)

pillars of the earth (don't be fooled...it's fantastic...i went thru every emotion possible with that one!)

how to be good (nick hornby is HUH-LARIOUS!)

white teeth (zadie smith is a genius)

let me know!

T. Tabish said...

OMG. I watched 'Tori and Dean' last night for THREE hours! I despised her during 90210, but she and Dean have such a strong partnership, I really love that guy. And Tori has grown on me, too. I feel sorry for her that she doesn't really have a family, that her relationship with her mom is nonexistent. But she has a strong marriage it seems, that whole yin/yang thang.