Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dreaming My Dreams....

So I have this dream last night where my friend Erin and I are standing in line to get Barack Obama's autograph at some campaign event. So we get up to the front of the line and we strike up a conversation with him that lasts like 10 minutes, even though there are a lot of other people waiting behind us.

Evidently he liked talking to us, because he decided to leave the event to chill with us for awhile. (We were very charming.) Erin & I walk out to our car with our new friend Barack Obama and we all get in the front seat; Barack Obama sits in the middle. Erin is driving and at some point I say "Are you OK to drive?" because evidently we have been drinking a little before the event. Erin says..."Oh yeah, I'm fine!!"

So, we start driving and we're getting ready to get onto some highway and Erin runs like three red lights, goes over two medians, goes the wrong way on the road, etc. Barack Obama is clearly freaked out. I start yelling at Erin saying..."OMG Erin, STOP! I'll drive! What are you doing?!?" Erin replies, "What? I'm fine!?! Jeez!" So then I say..."Erin, seriously, WE HAVE BARACK O-FUCKING-BAMA IN OUR CAR. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?"

Then I woke up. :) This is what I get for complaining to Aimee last night that I never dream anything funny. And now, I can't get 'Barack O-Fucking-Bama' out of my head either.

And for the record, Erin is one of the safest drivers I know in the real world.

-Emily :)

2 comments:

kjl said...

So hilarious, Emily. I wish my dreams were even half as coherent. If I blogged about what was in my brain at night, people would send a psychiatrist my way!!! :)

Tish said...

lol i agree with kim sigh...