Sunday, July 6, 2008

Trying to forget we weren't at the lake.

LOTS of stuff happened this weekend. Enough for 10 posts, probably. But I'll condense it into one, I guess. Just wait, I won't have anything else to write about for the rest of the week!

The most monumental and exciting event was that my sister had her baby on the 4th! Kane LeRoy Dunlavy, 7lbs. 8oz, and most of us think he looks like his dad. There are worse things I guess (love ya Justin!). Anyway, here's two cute pics of my first nephew!



Everyone together now....AWWWW!!! :) My sis is really good at having kids. Her comment after..."it happened so fast, I didn't feel like I did anything!" Not exactly my thought after going through childbirth, but I'm glad everything went well. I felt more like "I can't believe I didn't die." Maybe I'm just more dramatic.

Ash, Helena and I kept busy...went to the West Jordan 4th of July parade, Helena attended her first petting zoo, I got a pedicure, Ash & I drank too much wine on the 3rd, and we started tiling our shower. Whew!

Also, today, we went hiking in Little Cottonwood Canyon just east of Salt Lake City in the Wasatch Mountains. It was fun, but we couldn't go on the trail we wanted to because THERE WAS STILL TOO MUCH SNOW. Maybe in a couple of weeks it will be gone.

Anyway, here's some pics on flickr from our weekend. http://flickr.com/photos/27437498@N04/

Hope everyone had a great one! Please tell me at least one of you did some tubing at a lake for me!

-Emily :)