Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving tomorrow!

We're going it alone here in Utah...but even though it kind of sucks not to be with our extended families, Ash & I are kind of excited to be 'responsible' for the entire meal.

The cooking has already begun at our house and will contintue tonight with our annual Thanksgiving-eve pie bake-off. This year I'm only making 2 pies and a cake...and yes, that's one pie for each of us, but we have all weekend folks!

Oddly enough, Ash has never been to my family's Thanksgiving due to a number of reasons (traveling to Europe, going to Michigan, etc.) so he is unfamiliar with some of the traditions I'm used to at Thanksgiving. Mainly, the "Thanksgiving Post-Meal Football Group Nap", which is a totally foreign concept on his side of the family. While my family naps throughout the entire house for at least 2 hours, his sits around and talks...jeez...it's like actually spending quality time together or something.

Everyone enjoy their holiday weekend!
-Emily :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very sad, but true, I did NOT get a nap this year!! But Justin did comment that it was the second best nap that he had ever had......best nap was two years ago at my house for Thanksgiving.....must be the turkey! Love, Mom.