Monday, November 17, 2008

The 'D' Trip Report

I keep forgetting to blog about our trip to Detroit the weekend before last. We visited to see Ashford's dad and Maggie and also to attend the wedding of Ash's best friend's little sister.

At Ash's Dad's house, Helena had a great time playing with the array of large tupperware Maggie owns. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before here, but the kid LOVES her kitchen storage units. I think she played with them every way possible...climing in them, beating on them, putting them on her head, pushing them around, yelling into them...yeah, it kept her busy for a good hour and a half.

The wedding would have been more fun had we been kidless, to be honest. Sit down dinner weddings with a 13 month old aren't something I'd recommend. Helena and I ended up leaving as soon as I finished eating because she was being completely crazy. I don't know if it was the loud noises or too many people or what, but whatever it was, we could not keep her happy to save our lives.

That evening was capped off with Ash coming back to the hotel, me going down to let him in, and then he decided to steal some food from the hotel kitchen. I was mad at him at first, but then it was funny, and then we agreed that you can't visit the 'D' without stealing SOMETHING. And, we were really hungry.

Anyway, it was good to see Ash's family and friends, most of whom had never seen Helena. I think his Detroit friends were pretty freaked out that "Andy" has a kid now. But that's OK, it still kind of freaks us out now and then too.

-Emily :)

1 comment:

Tish said...

lmao to that whole blog lol...sigh

it's good to know ya'll still freak about being grown ups too...cuz i freak you're a grown up all the time ;)