Sunday, January 25, 2009

The first President I actually voted for...

Seems like everyone has been posting about how Obama being sworn in as president made them feel and how great it is (Tish & Kim did two great ones)...which I totally agree with 100%. But since it's already been done...I'll save the sappy stuff and I think I'm going to post my personal wish list for Obama. Because, ya know, he's expected to do all things for all people. And, I'm a punk of the 'entitlement generation'.

Dear President Obama:

1. Just for 2008, could I get a one time tax credit equal to the losses in my 401(k)? Maybe even just a percentage of those losses? I know I don't retire for another 40 years, but it would really make me feel better right now.

2. Ashford respectfully requests you come to our house just to give him a high five. Oh, and if you could teach Helena to fist bump while you're here, that would be sweet.

3. That $300 billion dollar infrastructure investment you keep pitching would be awesome. Daddy needs some more road projects to bid on out here in Utah.

4. I really hope you get to addressing our health care system (and not just providing everyone with more insurance options). Unfortunately, I know this falls behind in the priority list...but once you get the economy back on track, out of at least one war and restore peace in the middle east, maybe you'll be able to make some progress.

5. This isn't really a wish persay, but just so you know, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far: economic stimulus (although it's a little disheartening that we're not sure it will work), and accountability for those funds in the future, undoing a bunch of Bush's secret executive orders, and taking the first steps to close Guantanamo. Good job. Keep it up. And congrats on getting to keep your Blackberry. A fight worth fighting for sure.

-Emily :)

1 comment:

Tish said...

lol this was THE best obama blog i have ever read : )