Friday, August 5, 2011

Back Again!

So we're back in Utah after 3 whole weeks in Kansas.  I am recovering from several bad nights of sleep, but hopefully my brain power will be back enough to write some good blogs this week.  We had a really great time going to the lake and seeing lots of friends and family.

A few quick things:
-- Ash won the weight loss challenge while I was gone and notified me via text message photo of him on the scale with the numbers to prove it.  I have no idea where the cash went. He's very skinny, I almost didn't recognize him at the airport.  I'm proud of him.  Unfortunately, I still have work to do! :)

-- Helena asked me why we live in Utah last night as she was going to bed.  She seems to think Kansas is a lot more fun.  And she's evidently over her shy streak-- yesterday on the plane she made a friend with our seat mate.  They were BFF's by the time the whole 3 hours was over...Helena had looked at all her pictures on her phone, was sitting on her lap, asking her to watch Toy Story with her, putting stickers all over her, etc., and as we were saying goodbye Helena says, "Hey Tara, you should come to my birthday party.  It's going to be really fun.  It's on October 4th!"  Hilarious.  This lady was SO NICE and I was SO GRATEFUL for her help on the flight.  The kids were as good as can be expected, but flying from Minneapolis to SLC by myself with those two is not on my to do list again any time in the near future.

-- Harper is a walking fool now.  He's so funny, and he's saying a few more words too -- "thank you", "fish!" and a few names of family/pets he learned in Kansas.

That's all for now! :)

-Emily :)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

We have had the same "why do we live in Virginia" conversation. Glad you had a good visit - too bad we are missing you guys by a few weeks.