Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Let the Vacations Begin!

We're heading to Kansas tomorrow...just me and the kids...for a 3 week stay visiting friends and family.  Ash has too much going on at work to leave, and an intern to...intern. :)  I'm glad we're able to go for such an extended period of time....my hope is that it will be a little less stressful than visits past in terms of seeing everyone adequately.

Anyway, we're very excited to see my sister & her family and all of my grandparents who we haven't seen since Christmas.  And some lake time is sorely needed....and I think it's been warm enough (or maybe too warm) for lake time.  My sister and I are going to Lawrence for a couple of days...just us, no kids (a big thanks to my mom and aunt for watching all 4 kids for us while we're gone.  May the force be with you!).  We're very excited for a little sister mini-break.

I'm going to try to post from Kansas a little so that I don't forget things and hopefully make it a bit more interesting for my 10 readers than one big Kansas post at the end of it all. We'll see. :) Internet is a little sketchy in Burrton....

Hopefully I'll see some of you around B-town and beyond.  :)  I'll be the really pale one at the lake who is sweating profusely since it hasn't been more than 95 with no humidity here in Utah all summer....


-Emily :)

2 comments:

Tish said...

You have fun dear and give updates on what you do in Lawrence...I need to live vicariously through you...Miss that place!

If you have some time and you're up for it you and your sis should go to the Fit Pit with Jenn lol. It's on the KS side. You'll love it!

Aunt MariAnn said...

"May the force be with you"???? Should I be having second thoughts about watching the kids? :) Just kidding. I'm sure we'll be fine. Can't wait to see all of you!