Thursday, August 18, 2011

Paradise Isle Time

Helena & I post jet-ski.
I made a list of blogs to write today...so....provided I can remember details of the last 35 days or so (with only 5 of them where I was actually home)...the writing should be plentiful around here very soon!

First off -- Kansas trip recaps... First category: Lake time!  We had plenty of it and I was even able to particiapte in the annual picnic/lake party while I was in town.  Live country cover band was awesome, and I two-stepped with people I hadn't seen in years / didn't know.  That's what happens when your hubby doesn't come with you.  Wait, who am I kidding, Ash doesn't really two-step. :)  Anyway, it was fun...I stayed up later than I have in a really long time.

Brother-in-Law Justin - signature post with a Bud Light. :)

Kane enjoying the water.

My brother's new lake / commuter vehicle.  I drunk termed it the 'Junebuggy'.

Also, while I was in town a friend of my dad's sunk the family track hoe trying to do some beach/moss maintenance around the lake.  It was bad.  My dad and my grandpa about had heart attacks.  (No one was hurt, thank goodness.)


But, three days, two bulldozers, tons of sandbags, one water pump and one 250 ton crane later, and it was outta there!

We all gathered to watch across the way....  Shortly after this picture was taken, I had to leave with Harper beofre he REALLY freaked out and I missed the actual moment when the track hoe was jubilantly lifted out of the water.  (Also, in case you're wondering, this picture very accurately personifies what it's like to fly with Harper.)

Helena had a blast at the lake.  She asked me almost every day to go swimming.  The first day she went out, she lost her swim shoes "at sea"... ha!  Harper didn't get much lake time in because it was SO HOT.  He would get red cheeked in like 15 minutes.  I was really glad Helena had taken swim lessons before we went because it has made her way less scared of the water.  She had an awesome time trying to catch minnows, floating, practing her "scoops and kicks," and collecting shells to take home to her dad.

This is pure joy, not drowning.  Promise. 
- Emily :)

P.S. -- Sorry for the weird formatting in places...blogger formatting and I do not get along sometimes. Boo!

No comments: