Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lawrence Mini-Break

My sister and I hit up Lawrence for a couple of days when I was in Kansas.  I decided instead of trying to run around and see everyone that I'd park my bum at a restaurant, cocktail in hand, and have the people come to me.  :)  I'm so glad so many could make it -- a few of whom I hadn't seen since we moved!

So, we all met up at the Star Bar inside Pachamama's.  It was lovely to see everyone and it ended up being this weird former KUEA employee reunion. Ha!  Evidently without KU Endowment I would be friendless.


Michelle & Erin -- two college besties.  Erin, coincidentally, was the only girlfriend in attendance who never worked at KUEA. :)

Kim and Andrea -- old work partners in crime.
Melissa, Amanda and Corrie.  Thanks for coming out ladies!
Old roomate Tracee (who is also 8 months pregnant) and her hubby Jim.
My former boss Kaela from my student job days and my sister Jessica.
In addition to this cocktail hour we were able to see a few other people who couldn't make it, do a  culinary tour of Lawrence (I hit up Wheatfields, Genovese, The Merc, First Watch....yum!), and attend my friend Erin's new Jazzercize class.

Here's her in all of her Jane Fonda-esque glory.  Her class was awesome and it kicked our butts.  Well done! 


- Emily :)

1 comment:

Kaela said...

It was really great to see you. And fun to have a KUEA reunion!