Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Red Rock Country - Part 2

We ventured down to Southern Utah right before Easter.  Here's part 2 of my trip report. :)

We visited Zion National Park (our 2nd time there) and Bryce Canyon National Park with the kiddos.  It was a tad ambitious, we were a bit rushed and got home later than we wanted to.  But, it was incredible scenery and the kids were really good considering we spent most of the day in and out of the car.  I've got to say that there isn't much more I'd rather do than visit a National Park.  I'm a total nature nerd.  I can't wait until the kids are older and we can take them on some serious adventuring!

Waterfall we hiked to in Zion National Park.  Gorgeous.

Helena on Ash's back hiking in Zion.  One of her less whinier moments.

Wearing Harper wearing his ranger hat.  Kid is about to outgrow the front pack!

Beautiful view.  River is rockin'!

Hoodoos at Bryce Canyon National Park.  Probably the coolest geological thing I've ever seen.
 
Off into the distance near Sunset Point.

These pictures do not adequately portray how awesome this was.
And finally, we weren't able to stop here because the kids were napping...but, I'm not going to miss it next time.

Diner advertising they are the "Home of the Ho-Made Pies".  Tres risque for Southern Utah.  And, hilarious.
-Emily :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

If you get a chance to go back, I can't awit to hear about the Ho-Made pies!! That is hilarious

Melissa said...

So jealous of this!