Monday, March 23, 2009

Winter Turning to Spring...

My friend Erin has this fun and interesting living room art project going on that involves her framing pics her friends and family have taken. There are a few stipulations regarding coordination with her wall color and a couple of other things, but I am determined to get on that wall. Ha!

Anyway, I've been practicing some nature shots lately...and these aren't my final submissions to her (I'm waiting on the snow to melt in the mountains to get some good GREEN shots) but I thought I'd go ahead and share.

This one is after a really beautiful snow we had here a couple of weeks ago. I drove way out of my way to work to get this...not sure which peak it is, but it's one of the Orquirrh Mountains just west of our house. I didn't do a good job capturing it, but the clouds, the snow, and the very blue sky were perfect that morning.

The following series of shots are of my neighbor's newly blooming peach tree in front of some rare, impending spring storm clouds. I think 'storm cloud blue' is my favorite color.






Can you guys let me know which spring tree one you like best? I can't decide...
-Emily :)


5 comments:

Leah B said...

I like the last one posted of the peach tree blooms against the storm blue clouds. Its like the very essence of spring, with showers and flowers. Contrasting hues with a nice frame. Good job!

Unknown said...

The next-to-last one is my favorite! (The horizontal one with only four or five little blooms.) It really highlights the individual blooms, and the lighting on the blooms makes them glow, which makes for a lovely contrast with the clouds.

But they are all wonderful. What kind of camera do you have? And when are you opening an Etsy shop to sell prints? And how do you manage to do cool photography when you have a one-year-old?

kjl said...

I'm with Carrie--that one's my favorite too! :)

Tracee said...

Looks like you'll be on the wall in no time! Can't wait to see what you come up with being near all that fabulous scenery!

Tish said...

i'm diggin the bottom blossom ones. and the grey fence one..oh i can't decide. they really all are beautiful girl