Friday, March 20, 2009

Some Changes...

Ash started a new job this week. A little shocking, I know, since we moved 16 hours away from home specifically for a great opportunity with Wilson & Company. Ash has made some great contacts in the industry out here and one of them liked him so much they recruited him away. It was a very hard decision for him to make, but sometimes you have to go where the better opportunity is even though it's not what you had planned. And the company car didn't hurt either. He's working for a local construction company now as one of their main engineers in more of a project management role (can you tell I haven't asked him what his official title is yet?).

How the change affects me at the moment is that I am going to drive Ash's Cadillac Deville for a few months instead of the Grand Prix now that Ash has a new ride. I'm not exactly thrilled about this, since when Ash bought the car I was very clear that I didn't want this grandma car to EVER somehow become my car. But, in the interest of the family finances, for now, I will deal.

I will say two things about me driving the hoo ride:
1.) It's inevitable that I'm going to get a speeding ticket very soon. The caddy is much quieter than any other car I've ever driven, and it has a V8 engine. A perfect recipe for fines, my friends. Yesterday I'm driving along and I thought I was going about 65 m.p.h., but no, I was up to 85 m.p.h. Oops!
2.) I LOVE heated seats. And, it's nice that the CD player doesn't skip every 3 seconds (a quirk I'd unfortunately gotten used to in my other car). Oh, and Sirius rocks. I can surf between 5 different NPR channels at my leisure!!

So, for now I'll just keep track of the strange looks I get when people realize a 20-something is driving a car normally reserved for the retirement set.

-Emily :)

1 comment:

Leah B said...

All right Em, driving the Pimp0mobile! I'm a big fan of grandm cars!