Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Feline Sabotage?

This past Saturday Ash & I hosted our first ‘dinner party’ at our house since moving to Salt Lake. Yes, we’ve been here for over six months, but seriously, it’s hard to make friends when you have a small child who goes to bed around 7 p.m., are collectively working 90+ hours a week, and your neighbors generally don't speak when spoken to.

Anyway, our new friends moved here from Chicago last winter and we all had a really good time hanging out together. They also have a daughter that is the same age as Helena, so that was fun too. Although I can say FOR SURE that I’m glad I don’t have twins…the two of them running around the house for 3 hours was exhausting for all of us!!!

So at some point during the evening we’re ordering takeout, Ash is searching up in the family room for another menu for us to look at, and all of the sudden I see him frantically running around with carpet cleaner in his hands. I say “What’s going on?” His reply: “Trying not to kill a cat.” I think, oh, the cat must have puked, unfortunately a common occurrence in our household. Then Ash says, “No, no puke. Stella just peed…on their daughter’s coat.” Pause. Freaking out. OMG. We were both COMPLETELY MORTIFIED. Profuse apologies abound. Fortunately, these very nice people were laughing about it as I raced downstairs to throw the coat in the washing machine immediately.

After they left for the evening, Ash told me Stella was also getting ready to pee on my friend’s UGG boots AND her expensive-looking diaper bag. Thank GOD he was up there and caught her in the act before it got worse.

As a sidenote, if anyone is in the market for a cat (Andrea??), just let me know. If we don’t have any takers, Stella will be in the basement from now on when we have potential friends over.

-Emily :)

5 comments:

Leah B said...

Aww. Poor Stella, she must be tramatized from all of the Mormon surroundings. :( And I always thought that Dill was the trouble maker. Huh...

kjl said...

Stella must be trying to tell you that she prefers the quiet, hermit style life for your family! :) Glad your new friends didn't take offense and you still had a good time!

Erin and Todd said...

Ah... that Stella is a sneaky one. Is she still peeing on your laundry?

You know I'm jonesin' for a cat, but I think I'll hold out for a less urine-y model. :)

Erin

Anonymous said...

I already put in my bid for a kitty from the Humane Society yesterday. But thanks for the offer! -Andrea

Monica said...

at least it was the cat. if it was helena you'd have real trouble.