Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Feels Like Winter

Today is the 4th day in a row it's snowed here. I don't think I've ever experienced this in my entire life! We're quickly learning to deal with the onslaught, however. For instance, staying inside the entire weekend while it snows is not going to possible or we'll for sure suffer from some major cabin fever by March. Oh, and I desperately need a more varied assortment of boots. My 3 pairs are not going to cut it when I have to wear them 5 times a week! Definitely need more stylish options.

Some good things about the snow here:
--The wind doesn't blow like it does in Kansas. Makes things much more tolerable for sure.
-- Temperatures lately are very reasonable -- around 25-30 degrees -- much better than the negative numbers I've been hearing about in Canada and the more northern states.
-- The road crews really are pretty good about making things as good as they can get. And I say this despite my 1 1/2 hour commute this morning. Ugh.

Sorry for the boring weather post. That's all I got right now...

-Emily :)

1 comment:

kjl said...

I would love the snow even more if it wasn't windy and the temps were only in the mid 20s! We got a crapload of snow here yesterday, which looks beautiful, but the temp is 6 right now. SIX! Not fun.

Oh, and although this has nothing to do with your post, my "word verification" below is "hillarib." I kind of like that word and think it should be added to the dictionary. The definition could be something about breaking a rib from laughing at something hysterical. Don't you think?