Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Eve 2011

Our first of many Christmas events is always Christmas Eve at my Grandma Millie's.  We eat shrimp and pie and open presents.  This year it was so warm we even got in a walk around the lake!

Great Grandma Millie and Great Grandpa Bill with Harper, Kane, Helena & Ellie.

A family gathering isn't complete until Uncle Justin gives horsey rides.

The girls showing off their purses.

Ash & Jess snacking and drinking before dinner.

My dad's main job: fry shrimp.

My grandma ruining a perfectly good pan of jello. ;)
And then there was this:

It started when Jess decided it would be funny to have the kids 'smell' the pies and pushed their faces in it a little bit.  But then Ellie got really upset when it was her 'turn' and Jess felt bad and said, "look, I'll do it too."  And that's when Justin and I went in for the kill -- he pushing her face full force into the pie and me giving her a wet willy of whipped cream.  It was an opportunity we just couldn't pass up.

Jess took it in good humor, but then after Ash & Justin made a liquor store run, Jessica got her revenge on Justin.  And Evan got it all on 'tape'.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=749939728072&set=vb.46103297&type=2&theater

She got him good.  It was hilarious.  I'm still not sure how I escaped.

-Emily :)

2 comments:

kjl said...

That was awesome. I love that Grandma Millie was cracking up too! Speaking of Grandma Millie, what is it with Grandmas and their freaky jello salads? Chad's Grandma makes one with carrots that is horrendous.

Unknown said...

Uhhh...second the mayonaise and jello salad. Why oh why do sweet grandma's everywhere have to do that? :) Your trip looked great and maybe one of these days we can catch up in KS! Miss you!