Thursday, November 4, 2010

Snooki vs. Buzz Lightyear

I've neglected to mention here that we've made some friends (gasp!) here that are also from Kansas/the Midwest.  And mostly KU alums.  :)  So nice to immediately have some things in common with folks-- you know like drinking, sports and skiing!  Ha!  We first met almost everyone at a KU Alumni get together two years ago.

Anyway, we attended Amanda and Brandon's Halloween party with the kiddos and dressing up was pretty much mandatory.  I'm not usually a fan of dressing up, but this year I think we did it up right. 

Me, as Snooki from Jersey Shore:

 I can't explain to you how much bronzer I'm wearing.  I'm not meant to be as tan as the real Snooki.  And come to think of it, no one is, really. I tried to get out of being DD since drinking heavily should have been a mandatory part of my costume, but I did not win that one.  In reality, good sleep is more important to me right now than a good buzz.
And speaking of a good buzz, Ash went as a very not scary, kid-friendly Buzz Lightyear.  Helena thought it was the greatest.  So cute.  I love how she's looking at him in this picture.
 Party hosts Brandon & Amanda.  They went all out!

 Oh, and look! there was another Snooki at the party.  Her hair is real, though.  :)  Funny that I was 'pajama' Snooki and she was 'clubbing' Snooki.


Fred Flinstone, Mouse, and Kermit.  All of whom had matching partners.  Even a little Pebbles! :)
 The girls -- every one was so festive!  :)

 A big thanks to Amanda & Brandon for inviting us and for letting us bring the kiddos!  :)  We are very excited to keep hanging out with our Kansas transplant group of friends in Utah!

-Emily :)

4 comments:

Tish said...

ok what was the asian chick (cheater!) loved your costume. where were your pickles?! love that helena is looking up at daddy, and one last thing...how on EARTH do you still have those animal print slippers?! when i first met you, you were wearing those lol

EmilyG said...

She was a peacock....her feathers are hiding behind Miss Piggy. ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice costume Emily. :) You're right about the way Helena is looking at her daddy. She looks very proud of him. :) Thanks for posting pictures.

MariAnn said...

ooops...that last post was from Aunt MariAnn...forgot to sign my name.