Monday, November 22, 2010

Best Snow Day Ever

We got about a foot of snow overnight on Saturday....leaving a winter wonderland all around us.  Helena woke up at 7 a.m. asking Ash (who was still in bed) to go play in the snow with her.  He obliged by around 9 a.m., and they spent nearly all day (minus a very forced lunch time and nap time) frolicking around.  We have a snowman in our back yard as well as a little fort, and a small sledding hill in the front made from the snow shoveled from our driveway.  I think Helena had more fun yesterday than any other day in her life.  They were so cute playing together.  At the end of the day Ash said, "Today is exactly why I had kids."  Adorable.

Snowball fight!

First romp in the snow-- it's all the way up to her thighs!

Not so sure about this snow angel thing.  She was calling them snow butterflies. :)

The only thing that saved me was that I had the very nice camera around my neck.

Oops!  Dad hit me in the face.  Still hilarious....

And...he hit me in the face again.  But I didn't really care.

With mom by the snowman.

Before round 2, Ash duct tapes Helena's gloves to her sleeves. "This is what we do in Michigan." he says.  I proceed to tell him that in Kansas we used to sled behind a pick up truck because there weren't any hills.  He tells me this is illegal or something in Michigan.  Lol.

Not wanting Harper to completely miss out on the action, Ash built him his own snow seat by the fort. (Helena is starting to melt down by this point.  By the way, she was asleep in bed by 7:15 last night.)

...And we made him his own snowball.  :)  He's obviously thrilled.
With this storm I think I'm officially ready to hit the slopes after my pregnancy induced hiatus from last year.  Hooray for snow!

- Emily :)

7 comments:

kjl said...

This is such an awesome post with awesome pictures! Too cute. I actually was thinking about you guys this morning as I was dreaming of skiing. I need to start planning a spring trip! :)

Tish said...

great ku jumper the little guy has on there lol

Lindsay said...

Cute pictures! Looks like everyone had tons of fun. :) I just read an article today about sledding safety and apparently it's illegal to pull it behind a truck in Virginia too. Who knew? I thought that how everyone rode on a sled.

Aimee Liz said...

Some of my favorite memories of childhood is having my dad duct tape my gloves to my shirt and playing in the snow.

Aunt MariAnn said...

Loving all the pictures! I'm glad you all had so much fun! I vote for you guys to keep the snow there...I don't care for it here in Kansas. And, BTW...I think it's always been illegal to pull a "sled" behind vehicles...even here in Kansas. But not positive. Love, Aunt MariAnn

MariAnn said...

Maybe that law is limited to roads, which people did in Mt.Hope when I was growing up. :)

Hartwoman3 said...

love, love, LOVE this blog post! Sounds like you are having fun despite the snow.