Monday, November 1, 2010

My Crafty Debut Halloween Style

A few months ago I casually asked Helena what she wanted to be for Halloween.  This was when her & Ash were doing a lot of fishing and she told me she wanted to be a "FISH! A PINK AND PURPLE ONE!"  Kind of like I trout, I guess.  Anyway, after scouring the Internet for something that would suffice that we could buy, I figured I'd better just suck it up and make it myself.  I enjoyed putting it together for the most part (my first time), as it required very little sewing and a lot of glue, but was very nervous people wouldn't know what she was.  But....we had great success with the pink and purple fish costume and got tons of compliments on it. :)  Yay me!  So anyway, here's a photo run down of the kids on Halloween!  Next up, the adults in the household!
Helena breaking rank during her school Halloween parade.  Makes it hard to get good photos! ;)

Helena & her ghost sucker after the school parade.

Helena & her best bud Apollo.

Helena's teacher from last year - Miss Holly - as Sully from Monster's Inc.  SO IMPRESSIVE!

The fish right before official trick or treating, which was Saturday night here because we don't want to make God mad.  Don't get me started.  It rained, though, which I felt was God saying it was OK to just do it on Sunday next time.

Harper as a bat, or as Ash said, "someone who likes to wear bats on their clothes."  I ignored him on that one.  Such a cutie pie!
Happy Halloween everyone!!
-Emily :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you did an AWESOME job on that costume! Very cute!! Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed! I never "made" a costume for Andrew or Conner. Grandma Sarah did a couple though. :) You should be very proud. Helena looked very cute! Aunt MariAnn