Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Fourth

Our 4th of July was a tad bit more low key than usual. Don't worry, Ash still spent inordinate amounts of money on fireworks. Even drove to Wyoming to get them since Utah's laws/selection suck.
We did take Helena to her first big fireworks show at Sugarhouse Park. We ended up walking about two miles to get there, but it was worth it. Helena loved the show and wasn't scared at all. On the way back, she started to fall asleep in the wagon, so Ash had to carry her for over a mile and a half. Oh, and our wagon broke. And, it rained on us. By the end of the ordeal we were laughing so we wouldn't cry. My mom is here helping us out and generously watched Harper for us so we could go! Yay for moms!! :)

Helena had a really cute 4th of July parade at school last Friday. They all marched down the hall with their class floats and threw candy. Helena's class made an Air Force One float. Pretty creative!
On the actual holiday, I tried my best to get a pic of the two of them together. I asked Helena to put her arm around Harper and this is what I got:

Let's just say she hasn't exactly warmed up to him yet. :) Although she is not shy about criticizing my parenting skills with him...whenever I leave him in his bed, swing, blanket on the floor she says, "Mom, where is YOUR baby???" Which is sometimes followed by, "You'd better go get him!"
Anyway, I gave up and tried to get good pics of them individually.

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

-Emily :)

3 comments:

Tish said...

luv little miss sassy pants

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures...I can never get enough. Helena is funny with her "cheesy" smile and comments "your" baby. Thanks for posting new pictures.

Aunt MariAnn said...

oops...forgot to sign the last post. Aunt MariAnn