Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Park City Weekend

My apologies for the weirdness of the font in this post. I can't figure out how to fix it for the life of me!!! Arrgh!

We decided to visit Park City for part of the holiday weekend. Mostly as an ‘add-on’ to the fact that Ash wanted to see a concert there on Saturday night that I wasn’t interested in going to…at all. So, instead of him making the big drive back & forth late at night we decided to stay one night (Ash went to the concert late while Helena & I watched a movie and slept) and try to relax and have some fun.

We stayed in downtown Park City, hit up the outlet mall, took Helena swimming, and ate some really good food. The weather ended up being nicer than expected…about 60 degrees…and despite the really crappy night of hotel sleeping, it was very fun to get out of Salt Lake and away from home and to-do lists for a bit.

Some pics from our stay:

The trees by our hotel while I was sitting by the pool watching Ash & Helena swim.

Helena semi-politely eating french fries at the restaurant we ate dinner at on Saturday. Funny sidenote: I'm not sure this restaurant sees 2-year-olds very often. We had to custom order her chicken strips and french fries. :) Oops!

Stopping to rest while walking around downtown Park City. Helena looks so old in this picture to me!! Her sunglasses got a lot of compliments. It looks like I'm trying to hide my bandaged hand, but I'm really not.

Springtime aspen grove in East Canyon on our way to Park City.

At the top of East Canyon looking down on the Salt Lake Valley way in the distance.

Helena attempting to jump in the pool to Ashford. Swimming lessons are definitely on the agenda for her this summer!! As soon as mommy can fit back into a swimming suit. :)

In our hotel room very excited to go swimming in her new swimming suit. Then, when we got there it took us about 15 minutes to convince her to get in the pool. Lord...

-Emily :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention our little "ribbit frog waffle" bouncing down main street after breakfast. Shame!

Ashford