Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Kid Nursery

The new kid's nursery sure did turn out cute, if I say so myself. :) Neutral baby rooms are definitely a challenge, and usually tend more toward the boy side of things, but definitely can be done. Our theme...OWLS!


My favorite element in the room is this tree/owl vinyl decal (found on etsy.com). Special thanks to my friend Ja'Naye who helped me put it up. It was slightly labor intensive and required a lot of attention to detail since once it was on the wall you couldn't take it off! Had Ash and I put it on the wall together, we might not be married right now.


The bed sheet and blanket are from Dwell; I can't ever bring myself to buy the entire $500 bedding set (who does that?!?). Just the sheet and stroller blanket, thank you very much. Bumper is from IKEA. The bedskirt I made MacGyver-style with the leftover fabric from the bottom of the curtain I hemmed in the room. Lots of hodge podge going on with the textiles. :)

And here are the !CUTE! owl pillows my talented Grandma Sarah made for the room. Helena has stolen the middle one as her permanent bedtime pillow. I love how these turned out. Thanks Grandma! You're awesome! What great keepsakes.

This owl pic was a gift from Aimeeliz.


I picked up these two sets of hooks at Urban Outfitters...so cute and unique. I have no idea what I'll hang on them (especially the owl & tree ones)...if anything. Ha!

I also found this owl bank at Urban Outfitters. So retro. So adorable. I had to really control myself there...they had a plethora of owl decorations.

And finally...hopefully...the last round of belly pictures. Me at 37 weeks. Let's just say I'm hanging in there. Let's all hope my next post is about a new baby!

-Emily :)

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Way too cute!

Tish said...

you're cute the room's adorable...i'm about to throw up from all the perfection : )

can't wait to see the little one!!!

kjl said...

The room looks fantastic and so do you!! Can't wait to hear about the "kid". :)

Tracee said...

Cute room and a cute mama! You look great : ) I love the theme. Isn't Dwell the best? I just got a Dwell Studio for Target duvet and I love it.

Carrie said...

That is a seriously fantastic room. You did a great job! And you have no right running around looking that good at 37 weeks. :)

Good luck with the home stretch. (Oh. Wait. I probably shouldn't say "stretch." Sorry.) Can't wait to hear about this lucky little kid's arrival!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Can't wait to see picks of baby!!

Jennifer

Melissa said...

i love owls too! nice job!

Leah B said...

Totally cute nursery!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the owl theme! Way to go on the room. I tried convincing Melissa Smith to throw an Owl birthday for Liam's 2nd, but no such luck. It's a guitar theme which is quite cute since everything he touches, he turns into a guitar!

~Leigh Ann