Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sonogram of "The New Kid"

We had our second sonogram this past Saturday and everything looks just peachy in there. My new due date is June 25th based on these measurements, which I'm pretty much over being pissed off about. For a good month I felt like I'd lost a week and a half of hard-earned pregnancy. But oh well. :)

Here's my belly as of today (23 weeks):


Whoa! That's one pale and large belly. Sorry about that. Good news is that I've gained less weight than I had at this point with Helena so I'm going to call that my accomplishment of the winter. I'm pretty sure I can't attribute this to a really good diet, either. Probably just the fact that I can't be as lazy as I was when we were childless. I am trying to exercise and do prenatal yoga a couple times a week. Anyway, my diet. If you look really really closely, I think you can tell this kid is made out of Sausage McGriddles, potatoes and frozen yogurt. Onto the sonogram pics: 2-D side view of baby's head, spine...it's sucking its fingers.


3-D pic of baby's face...and my insides. Yuck! :) Baby is still sucking its fingers and has some umbilical cord chillin' up by his face too towards the bottom so that's why it looks a little funky under its nose.

We do not know what sex the baby is, despite various bribery attempts from some family members. Only 17 more weeks to go! Yay!
-Emily :)

6 comments:

Tish said...

hi baby...

kjl said...

He's awfully cute. Can't wait to meet him. Can you tell I think he'll be a boy? :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you Emily. Hold your ground...don't let anyone bribe you. :) Aunt MariAnn

Anonymous said...

I think it's a boy too Emmy Lou. - Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Good job growing that baby Emily!

Melissa said...

I've never seen a 3D photo of a baby in the womb before. Wow.