Saturday, March 27, 2010

Colorado Trip Report

We met up with my sister and her family, my mom and my brother in Pagosa Springs, Colorado to for a little spring break the beginning of March. Pagosa Springs is just east of Durango a bit and is a little sleepy, but nice. Everyone who was able got in two days of skiing, and then we hung out in Durango one day and also visited Mesa Verde National Park. A few pics from our trip:


My sister, Jessica & Helena cheesin' for the camera.

Ash at lunch on his last day of skiing. He developed some unfortunate sunburn marks...commas, we called them...from the gap in between his goggles and his face mask. :)

My sister, Ash, my brother Evan and his friend Nate loading up before skiing. And here, when I say 'loading up' I mean my brother literally pulled out jello shots from his ski coat pocket in the parking lot for everyone to share. Now THAT'S what I call prepared!

My sister, my niece Ellie (in the goggles) and my sister's nieces Maci & Cassie. All three kids went to ski school both days and did an awesome job. It was snowing too hard when I was there to get a good picture of them actually skiing...bummer!

One evening we took Kane and Helena to the resort pool since they weren't able to be in ski school yet. Kane LOVED the water (above) ...Helena, of course, was more skeptical. Of course, by the time we were ready to leave she didn't want to go.


She was very enthralled with the fact that after she got out of the water that it would drip down on the concrete. It was hilarious.


It was really nice to have a family vacation...seems like since we moved away we're always together either in Kansas or Utah, so the change of pace and scenery was awesome. Next time we see everyone we'll be a family of four!


-Emily :)


P.S.-- This is getting long, so I'll post Mesa Verde National Park pics in another post. :)

2 comments:

Leah B said...

Digging Ashfo's sunburn. Thinking it would make a great future Halloween getup!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting some pics. Looks and sounds like you all had a great time. Glad you could all get together. Aunt MariAnn