Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snowboarding is Insane

I really enjoy the Olympics when they come around every couple of years. This time around, I guess now that I'm a little bit better skiier, I really appreciate the skill and endurance involved with all of the winter athletes.

Snowboarder Shaun White has been all over the network coverage...I think the half pipe finals are today, actually. But there are two videos I've caught involving him that have blown my mind.

First off, this one.

I mean seriously, HOW IS THIS GUY ALIVE? He should at least be bleeding after that. I think I'm going to find out what type of helmet he was wearing and buy some stock in that company.

Secondly, this feature...which oddly gave me goosebumps and I'm not even a snowboarder!

On first thought, the fact that he had his own private half pipe built somewhere only accessible by helicopter is insane. He'd better have some pretty sweet new jumps to show off tonight if they need to be THAT big of a secret from all other competitors. On second thought, how freaking ridiculous is this whole scenario? American excess at its best. I hope Shaun White and Red Bull both give A LOT of money to charity. Ooh! Research project!

-Emily :)

1 comment:

Tish said...

i wish i could see this at work! i have a crush on that kid...i know, i know.