Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fun NPR Name Game

I received this from one of my co-workers the other week and thought it would be fun to share with everyone.

From an NPR listener blog:

I recently discovered a shared fascination with the slew of impossibly named NPR hosts we listen to every day: Renee Montagne, Steve Inskeep, Corey Flintoff, Korva Coleman, Kai Ryssdal, Dina Temple-Raston. In fact, we’ve often wondered what it would be like to be one of them. A Nina Totenberg or a Renita Jablonski. A David Kestenbaum or a Lakshmi Singh. Even (on our most ambitious days) a Cherry Glaser or a Sylvia Poggioli. So finally, after years of Fresh Air sign-off ambitions, we came up with a system for creating our own NPR Names. Here’s how it works: You take your middle initial and insert it somewhere into your first name. Then you add on the smallest foreign town you’ve ever visited.

That said, for NPR news, I'm Lemily Cahuita. :)

What's yours?

14 comments:

Leah B said...

Oooh fun! I guess that would make me Lemah Caulker!

Rebecca said...

Bescky Baden Baden

Awesome. As a constant NPR listener I sadly recognized all of those names and thought the game was very funny!

Erin and Todd said...

Erzin Rotorua

Unknown said...

For NPR News, I'm Cararie Fiesole, in Wichita.

kjl said...

Kimberjly Matamoros

That is so lame. Especially since Matamoros is the ONLY foreign town I've ever been to. Clearly, I need to travel more.

Tracee said...

They do have some weird names on NPR.

Reporting live from Lawrence, I'm Atracee Tulum.

EmilyG said...

Sadly, I have no idea where most of these towns are!

Mine's in Costa Rica!!

Tracee said...

Mine is near Mayan ruins in Mexico. From when we went to Cozumel on our honeymoon.

Anonymous said...

I'm Landrea Tulum. I think I must be related to Tracee, perhaps a distant cousin? =) --Andrea

Ashford said...

I'm ashforda Portree, and thank goodness because an NPR wife would NEVER take her husband's name!

Ashford

Heather said...

smile
Healther Goole

Sarah Phillips said...

Wow, I'm lame. I've never been to a foreign country... I'm going to just go by one name, like Prince or Madonna. I think it will stick!

"Samarh" sounds pretty damn good!

Sarah Phillips said...

Wow, can't even spell my name right. No wonder they haven't trusted me to go overseas yet! :)

"Samrah"

Aimee said...

This was hard for me b/c of all the sticking vowels, but here it is: EaImee Berry
(pronounced E-I-Me)