Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

We had a fun time doing Easter-ish things this past weekend. On Saturday, we dyed eggs with Helena. She thought the process was pretty fun, especially throwing the eggs in the dye cups as hard as she could. And then throwing the finished eggs off the counter onto the floor. Needless to say, most of the eggs never made it to the 'hiding' part.


She was pretty pumped about the eggs changing colors.


And I bought the dye package with the kitty and puppy stickers, and couldn't resist taking this creepy cat egg pic. I will say that easter egg dye has come a long way since I was a kid. The colors are way brighter. I remember wanting that deep pink color and letting an egg sit in the cup for hours on end with no decent results.

We also had our friends Dan & Ashley and their two kids over for an Easter dinner barbeque, too. Because what says Easter more than hamburgers & hot dogs!?! Really, I was just too lazy to make a decent meal. I did make a cherry pie, though.

Here's one more pic of Helena...kind of dressed up for a Sunday. :)

-Emily :)

No comments: