Sunday, April 26, 2009

Two Stories Kind of About Food...and Helena

Helena started at a new daycare this week - Dancing Moose Montessori School. The change traumatized her pretty good, but she definitely was showing signs of adjusting towards the end of the week. I was thankful that she napped every day on the weird little cots they have and I hope that she learns to eat everything that they give her. Helena isn't fond of cold, slimy foods (peaches, apples, cottage cheese) and sometimes just flat our refuses to eat what you give her. I'm hoping this is just a stage (albeit a long one...) and that she won't turn out to be a picky eater. One night this week after not eating lunch she ate dinner for almost an hour....shepherd's pie, applesauce, crackers, yogurt, cheese...jeez! The new place is great, though, lots of good communication with parents, a kick-ass playground, and lots of fun new things for Helena to do.

Last night we visited our friends Dan & Ashley and kept Helena up pretty late (for her at least). Thankfully, she slept past 8 this morning...a very, very rare occurrence. Anyway, I went in her room this morning and she was pointing at me and saying "Cracker!". I hadn't turned the lights on yet, so I said "No, I don't have crackers right now." As I walked closer I noticed she had something on the fingers she was pointing at me with. I thought at first it was blood (again, it was dark)...freaking out, I turned on the light and saw it was brown and kind of looked like puke. I frantically looked through her bed, found no vomit, and then it hit me. "POOP!" Yep, H-dog had felt down her poopy pants with her hand. Marvelous. And, she seemed to think it was crackers. I have no idea why I didn't think it was poop at first...that being the most likely suspect. I must have been delirious from sleeping in. After I got her cleaned up, we went in to talk to Ashford, and he asked her if she ate her poop off her fingers. Right on cue, WE SWEAR she answered "It tasted like crackers."

-Emily :)

10 comments:

Tish said...

lmao oh my GAWD i can't stop laughing lol. that is THE nastiest story lol....ha! i have tears in my eyes...

Tracee said...

Nice. Don't forget that one so you can tell her in front of all her high school friends! Hehe!

I can sympathise with her food issues. I used to have anxiety about eating all kinds of things when I was a kid. As long as they don't force her she may avoid my lifelong vomit-inducing fear of cottage cheese. I give Anderson ricotta instead because I can't stand it! Ha!

Her new school sounds great!

kjl said...

Holy moly. I don't even know what to say to that! Although it's horribly disgusting, it certainly makes for a great blog story! If I had good stories like this maybe I'd have more than 10 readers--ha! :)

Leah B said...

That is hilarious! I'm thinking that she gets that idea from Ash's side of the family... lol

Unknown said...

Now is the time to put her in those one-piece zip-up jammies! And if she's smart enough to figure out how to unzip the jammies to get to her diaper, cut off the feet of the jammies and put them on her backwards, with the zipper on her back.

Or you can put her in one of those sleep sacks -- again, with the zipper on the back if she knows how to unzip. We did that for two years and it worked perfectly. :) Of course, we were lucky enough to get the "I don't like to be messy" model. He has only dug around in a poopy diaper twice, and both times it traumatized him enormously.

Erin and Todd said...

I think I'm more impressed with carrie97ku's advice than Helena's budding communication skills.

Carrie's a genius!

Heather said...

LMAO!

Anonymous said...

No way! That's hilarious!
~LA

Anonymous said...

LMFAO!!!!!!

She's just recycling!!!!!!

Suz

Monica said...

wow. gotta love the joys of motherhood!