Thursday, February 23, 2012

New Official Jobby Job

Well folks, I'm officially entering the part-time working world.  No, my blog hasn't hit pay dirt....(har har).

I'll be doing office/marketing/fundraising stuff for Helena's school -- Dancing Moose Montessori. :)  I'm super excited about a lot of aspects of the job and love the fact that I get to take the kids with me and they can go to school while I work.  Even Harper is a montessori kid now!  (He's been doing great in his new class!)  And the generous tuition discount doesn't hurt either.

The worst part of the job is that we have to be there pretty early...7 a.m.  So, that will be an adjustment to our schedule but hopefully it won't be too painful.  I don't have to feed the kids breakfast before we go, so that cuts a lot of getting ready time out of the equation.  I'll only be working until 10 a.m. right now, everyday, but eventually it will be a couple of hours more. 

My official start date is March 5th.  I'm excited to be doing something more than what I have been, but kind of sad that this phase of our lives is coming to a close.  But, it's going to be a good thing for everyone, I hope.  I honestly never envisioned myself as a SAHM forever.  This is probably one of the better scenarios I could have envisioned for my work/life/mom balance.

Anyway, more later, but just wanted to share our fun news!

-Emily :)

4 comments:

Tish said...

Wow! What a fun opportunity! Congrats Em!

annie said...

Congrats!

Leah B said...

Congrats! That sounds like a fantastic opporitunity. Best of luck!

Carrie said...

Congratulations! That is a perfect job! I am so jealous. And it will only be hard to get out the door on time for a week. Your second week on the job coincides with Daylight Savings Time. Nice work, chica!