Monday, October 31, 2011

The Princess and the Golfer

Happy Halloween everyone!

We had a fun weekend of friend/school parties/pumpkin carving and trick-or-treating/parades today. 

Helena was scared to dress up because she thought that people wouldn't know who she was.  Seriously.  There was actual crying about this.  I reassured her that her costume wasn't that good.  I'm not sure if she gets my humor sometimes.  I remember when I was five, I thought the same thing about my mom painting my face blue to complete my Smurfette costume. Then I was peeved nobody knew who I was....just a girl in a white dress.

Here's our Princess Presto from Super Why.  Go Spelling Power!

With Dad as Buzz Lightyear.
Getting ready to trick or treat!


Harper killed it as a golfer. Although I felt bad because after wearing this, he now definitely knows the word "itchy" and what it means. :)  He caught onto trick-or-treating FAST.  Saying, "TREAT TREAT!" and "Thank you!" and "Bye!" almost every time!  Bonus of the allergy issue, mom and dad immediately pocketed all peanuty items...you know, for safety.

-Emily :)

4 comments:

Tish said...

Man they're too cute! I LOVE that she was a black cartoon character...do you know how much that warms my heart Em?! lol...sigh. Love those darn kids.

Anonymous said...

I too recall the blue face paint, you turning around to look in the mirror & freaking out! You would have been such a cute Smurfette!! :) Mom

Aunt MariAnn said...

I remembered that "episode" too when I saw a Smurfette at my school yesterday! :) Helena and Harper are adorable...LOVE their costumes...of course, Uncle Bill thought the golfer was "the bomb"!

Anonymous said...

Very adorable. Aunt Kerri.