Tuesday, March 1, 2011

-Isms Part Two

Some random Helena-isms of late:

Constructions = Instructions
Splashlight = Flashlight
Splush = Flush (We need to work on our F's evidently.)
Thumbprints = Footprints, hand prints, fingerprints
Tutu = Tattoo (As in the fake kind that someone gave her for Christmas.)
Chompstick = Chapstick
Snowflykes = Snowflakes (I actually prefer her word for this. Totally logical.  I also feel the same about splashlight.)

Writing out this list reminds me of the time when I was, oh, about 17, when I realized all these years that the weather guy was saying the wind chill temperature was -10 degrees instead of windshield.  The day of this realization, I actually held my hand up to touch the windshield of the car after hearing the wind chill temperature announced on the radio (my mom and my friend AimeeLiz were present) and said, "Huh, it doesn't feel like -10 degrees!"  Cue the chorus of laughter and poking fun for several years to come.  And on the same day I mistook a funeral home for a church.  Not enough blood to the brain that day.

-Emily :)

2 comments:

Tish said...

SOoo like mother like daughter? :)

AimeeLiz said...

This made me laugh. I can still see you reaching up to the windshield to touch it. Good Times!