Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break at Our House!

I'm a tad bit late blogging about this, but...we had some fun spring break visitors at our house a couple of weeks ago.  My mom, brother, his girlfriend and two friends came out to visit us and, more importantly, get some major mountain time in.

My mom was gracious enough to babysit the kiddos while we skied/snowboarded all weekend. I really wish we could get more ski time in, but it's just hard to pick up and go up there with the kids sometimes (not to mention expensive)!  So we really appreciate the visitors that come and make us get out!

Extra bonus was that it was the best basketball weekend of the year, so we all got to watch the games together.  Very fun!
The snowboarding crew.  Evan, Kailey, Brandon, and Nate.  It was Kailey's first time snowboarding and she did awesome...she was rollin' with the rest of us on the second day!
Ash and I on the lift at Brighton.  My gator makes me look like I have a fat, disfigured face.  I need a new one.  Or I need to learn how to wear my existing one.  Also, my new ski helmet is awesome...I can call people from it and rock out to my music! ;)
Also on this trip I successfully (but not on purpose ) navigated my first double black diamond at Brighton.  Nate & Ash were along for the ride.  Let's just say it was a good thing I had had two beers at lunch or I might have cried/really freaked out.  And we may or may not had to make a major walk of shame across the parking lot to avoid having to do it again.

-Emily :)

2 comments:

Aunt MariAnn said...

Looks like you all had a good time. If I had the kind of job where I could take vacation whenever I wanted, I would have joined your mom with the babysitting. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, Aunt MariAnn, I will more thank likely need your assistance in June of 2012 for "Camp Mema"! The kids are going on a trip somewhere, so all grandkids will be at my house! :)