Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Birthdays All Around!

Whew...trying to recover a bit from the last two weeks. First I endured my third fund drive at work. Enough said about that. Then Ash's birthday (had a great time at a really nice dinner & the Jim Gaffigan show, even with me having to beg for tickets that should have been at will-call, but weren't)...then my Mom, niece Ellie and my Grandma Sarah & Grandpa Harris came to Salt Lake City to celebrate Helena's 2nd birthday and my mom's birthday as well (it's the day after Helena's).
Helena was really cute this birthday. She understood what was going on a lot better than last year and was really excited about her chocolate cake, new Wonder Pets fly boat, sticker books and the trip to the zoo.

On my mom's birthday, we took a scenic fall drive through Provo Canyon, ate lunch at a fabulous little mexican place in Heber City, then drove back home for some R&R.

Some photos from the weekend:
First of all, even though this will undoubtedly overshadow the cuteness of my own kid, some shots of the new baby elephant at the Salt Lake City zoo. Hands down, there is absolutely nothing cuter than a baby elephant:
Especially when it starts to play around with stuff like a kitten!!

OK, sorry. Back to Helena. She's cute too. :) Here she is sporting her new hat and new snow boots while playing with her fly boat.


Blowing out her candles on her Ming Ming cake. Ellie, ever the birthday pro, showed her what to do with the candles. We were very excited that she 'recognized' her cake. There may have been high fives involved... :)

Happy Birthday Helena! You're the coolest! We love you!

-Emily :)

4 comments:

Tracee said...

OMG. Her grinning for the camera face is killing me. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not telling my age!! :)
Mom

kjl said...

Happy belated to Helena! Her awesome ponytails are always entertaining! :)

Hartwoman3 said...

I'm sorry we haven't been able to connect lately. I do miss you! Thanks for posting the pics of H and the baby Elephant. There really isn't anything cuter than a baby elepant! I can't believe Helena is already two!