Friday, July 17, 2009

Whew...I'm back!

After 3 weeks of non-stop traveling, we're back in the swing of things. I'm currently downloading 200+ pictures I took on all of our adventures and plan to post about everything over the next week or so. Needless to say, our vacation was desperately needed and really, really fun. I will say I don't need to drink for awhile, however. Two weddings on back to back weekends was rough on my liver.

Nate & LeighAnn's wedding was nothing short of spectacular. The setting was idyllic and it was great to whoop it up with all of my old work friends. And I think that's the only wedding Ash & I both got teary eyed at. Might have been the wine...but damn those two are just so cute together.

San Francisco was great, too.

As was our our visit to Ash's Aunt Deb's house/vineyard in Napa.

Helena had a great time visiting my family in Burrton. So much so she started calling my sister and brother-in-law "mom and dad." Man, doesn't take her long to adjust.

After we hooked up with Helena in Kansas City we had a whirlwind weekend there visiting friends and family and attending Phil & Dana's wedding, which will come with its own set of stories. Here's Helena and Ash's cousin Brendan playing in the pool together.


And finally, I headed out for the public radio development conference in San Diego last week.

So, that's what we've been up to, in a very brief nutshell. More to come!! Hopefully I haven't lost all of my readers!

Congrats to our newly wedded friends who were gladly the catalyst for all of our travels!
-Emily :)

2 comments:

Tish said...

welcome back! you were missed! start bloggin sister!

Hartwoman3 said...

You almost lost me as a reader but then you posted wonderful things about my wedding. Good timing and thanks! I'm glad you had so much fun on your vacation.