Wednesday, July 22, 2009

San Francisco

Ash & I spent a couple of days in San Francisco on our vacation. It's been a few years since I've visited a really big, congested city and I have to say it kind of startled me. I hate to admit it, but it did. I just can't imagine living there...so many people on a peninsula that's just 7 miles across.

When we first arrived we had lunch at our hotel since we were starving after it took way too long to 'park' our rental car -- a Hummer we got in a surprise upgrade. Hummers evidently aren't popular rental options in Cali. In the hall of our hotel, I'm pretty sure I saw Brittanya from Rock of Love Bus checking in. Random, I know...

After my celebrity sighting, we headed on a walk through Chinatown, snacked on a sweet curry bun and bought a Hello Kitty backpack for Helena and then had some drinks at a random spot.

Then we headed over to check out Lombard Street (the crookedest street in the world) and then went over to Fisherman's Wharf where we stopped in a little shop for a wine tasting. It turned out to be really great -- our host was super nice and even clued us in on a great local sushi place to have dinner at. That's us, getting the recommends from the locals a la Rachel Ray. Ha!

The other afternoon we were there we hit up the Ferry Building and shopped a bit in Union Square.

I got some great pics while we were there as well: Check them out!

-Emily :)

2 comments:

Tish said...

man your san fran adventure was WAY more interesting than mine...i want a sticky bun. (puppy dog eyes...quivering lip)

Hartwoman3 said...

When we were in Monterey, we did some wine tasting on Cannery Row and also got a great recommendation for sushi from our wine pourer. Funny!