Monday, February 23, 2009

Skiing Mini Break

We've been busy with the first in a string of visitors this winter/spring-- Ash's Aunt Barb and Tony came out to check out the S-L-C and do some skiing.

We headed to The Canyons in Park City on Thursday. Wow, talk about a big resort. It was massive! Overwhelming. But awesome. Highlight for me was skiing through a mini neighborhood of $10 million houses. It was totally crazy.

Friday we hit up the Alta resort closer to Salt Lake. The last time Ash and I skiied there it was in a complete blizzard, so the beautiful blue skies definitely left us with a better taste of the place this time around. Tony pushed our skiing abilities to the limit...encouraging and taunting us to go down black diamonds. After an unfortunate hiking through knee deep snow episode, I decided to take the black diamond plunge before Ashford. I succeeded, and am still very proud of myself. The next day Aunt Barb & I stayed home with Helena (we were too sore to ski anyway probably) and Tony & Ash hit up Solitude resort. Ash rented some shorter skiis and they hit the black diamonds all day long. Look out! We're going to be pros by next winter!

It was really fun to hang with Barb and Tony and we were really glad they came out to visit AND gave us a reason to treat ourselves to a mini-break on the slopes.

I'll try to post some pics if Barb will e-mail them to me. :) I suck, I forgot my camera both days we were out.

-Emily :)

1 comment:

kjl said...

I'm green with envy! We haven't been skiing in way too long!! If it weren't for the upcoming San Fran trip (oh yeah, and the horrible economy) we would probably take you up on the offer to visit! :)