Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cooped Up with a Cuss Jar

We had another pretty uneventful weekend here in SLC. Helena has been semi-sick since Thursday (cough, weird vomiting episode-- but she's OK) so we've just been laying low this week.

In the midst of my boredom and when Ash & I weren't glued to the couch watching on demand episodes of Weeds (holy crap that show is SO GOOD!), I did decide to make Ash start contributing some serious cash to a 'cuss jar' before our little budding talker becomes a mini Andrew Dice Clay. Behold...the jar 24 hours after the official rules were instated:


The rules are one dollar per cuss word while Helena is awake. Haven't agreed on where the cash is going to go, but Helena's college fund is probably the top contender. Oh, and only two bucks of that is mine, by the way. And no you're eyes aren't deceiving you, there are some five spots in there.

I'd also like to share some of Ash's proposals to amend the rules:
1. Cussing while driving shouldn't count. Because who doesn't cuss when they drive!?!
2. Cuss jar funds should go to a new flat screen TV. (Ummm....NO!)
3. When discussing generally toning down his language (for instance, at work), he replied: "Um, I have to vent at some point or I'll die!"
4. When Helena says one, we get a dollar back.

I'll let you all know when she quits saying 'shit' when we hit a bump in the road in the car.

-Emily :)

P.S.- Helena is eating ravioli in the background there, not bleeding to death or anything. :)

5 comments:

kjl said...

So funny. Love the Andrew Dice Clay reference! :)

Anonymous said...

I totally feel Ash's pain. A cuss jar in my house would bankrupt me....reason number 8,798 why it's a good idea there are no little ones at my house.

Anonymous said...

We are trying to distinguish between "sit" and "shit." I figure if we make it through March without Henry yelling "get the f'ing rebound" during KU games and through hockey season (we sit in a pretty rowdy section) then we are safe until football season.

Tish said...

lmao @ her not bleeding to death
and ashford's frustrations with needing an outlook from work. sigh...

Anonymous said...

Hey in the Dice man's defense, he did do nursery rhymes. Helena could be the hit of her daycare.

Suz