Thursday, October 23, 2008

Moment of Truth

Tomorrow Ash takes his Professional Engineering (PE) test. It's 8 hours long and the material goes back to stuff he hasn't done since college. I'm currently staring at the LARGE SUITCASE of reference materials he's taking with him to the test. Funny that they're allowed to take all of those books, but they can only take a $10 calculator. A TI-34xls for all you nerds out there.

He's been studying a lot this week and one day he showed me this table from his main reference book:













Yes folks, the title's not lying. That's a table of random numbers. How incredibly useful. And no, it's not a weird engineering thing. Ash has NO IDEA what it is.

Anyway, think good thoughts for him on Friday. I know I'm really nervous for him, so I can't imagine how he feels. And I sure am glad I don't have to take this big of a test 5 years after college. I wouldn't pass.

The best thing about the test is afterwards we're heading to VEGAS! WHOO HOO!

-Emily :)

5 comments:

Leah B said...

I wished him luck via text. But according to all of his enginerd friends, Ash is a genius. He will have no trouble, I can almost guarantee it. Freakin genius. As for the random numbers, its a random number generator for statistical use. If one were to have massive amounts of data, then for a brief measurement, they would use random selections... I hated stats. Anyway, good luck to the Fo' and have lots of fun in Sin City! Miss you both, Leah.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to Ashford. I just took a logic test for a CIA job and felt like I was back in high school taking the ACT. Pretty sure SOAP is to 51 as NOUN is to _____ has nothing to do with whether I can be an accountant or not. I haven't seen those type of questions for well over 15 years!

Tracee said...

Good luck man, you'll do great. I'm picturing him with one of those very 70s baby blue Samsonite suitcases full of documents and chuckling to myself.

Monica said...

Good luck on the test brother. I'll be thinking of you. Have fun in Vegas! Love you! Monica

Tish said...

good luck ash and have fun in vegas lady!!!

he needs a kindle!!!