Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just call me Macaulay Culkin...

I'm home alone this weekend. Ash & Helena are in KC for a wedding and to visit Ash's family, but I had to stay here for work. Bummer, huh? Anyway, I'm enjoying having some peace and quiet and will hopefully be able to get over the sore throat I've been fighting off for a few days now. This is the longest I've been away from Helena ever...4 days...and I already miss that little booger!

Today there's snow floating around in Salt Lake. It's currently 38 degrees at our house. I'm not sure I'm ready for the long winter yet, but I guess I have no choice.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to do some Vegas clothes/winter clothes shopping by myself. Neither Ash OR Helena are usually very good mall companions. Hopefully I'll find some cute stuff. Only 14 days until we leave for sin city. WHOO HOO! Ash & I have both been pulling 50-60 hour weeks at work the past couple of weeks and I tell ya, I don't think I've ever felt I needed a vacation more than now.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, too. I'll try to blog more than I have lately once my work life slows down a little.

-Emily :)

2 comments:

kjl said...

Whooo hoooo--I got the first comment! :) Hey, I didn't know you guys were going to Vegas! How fun!! Can't wait to hear about it. It definitely sounds like you need a vacation from work. I don't think I could ever work 50 hours in a week--I'm impressed!

Tish said...

note to self...check vegas' weather forecast before leaving. this weekend was FREEZING!!!