Saturday, October 13, 2012

Cake and Songs


I think with both of my kids my favorite thing is when they start to sing.  This is Harper singing "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree" from school.  This song is a standard for Utah kids.  Helena and Harper both know it, although Harper has the words a little off.  I enjoy his improvising. :)

(Real Lyrics):
I looked out the window, and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!
Spring had brought me such a nice surprise,
Blossoms popping right before my eyes.
I could take an armful and make a treat,
A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet.
It wasn’t really so, but it seemed to be
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute, has me laughing! ape cot tree! Love how he can't quite decide if he wants to eat or sing! Love Mema

kjl said...

He's so cute and so big! Haven't been by the blog to visit forever--so good to see your kiddos! We need to catch up soon!

kjl said...

He is so big and so adorable! I hadn't visited your blog (or any blogs) forever and it was so good to see your cute kiddos! Hope we can catch up soon!