Sunday, December 18, 2011

Skiing, Nutcracker, Parties, Teeth

I feel like I've been running around half crazy for a week now...getting last minute shopping done, visiting family in town, doing our normal 'stuff', baking, packing, holiday partying, organizing....ahhh!  We leave for Kansas on Wednesday -- we're driving -- may the force be with us.  We're armed with DVD players, songs, books, colors, stickers, and good attitudes.  :)

A few things (I love lists these days!):

1.  I got my first ski day in last Thursday thanks to Ash's Aunt Deb who watched the kids for me while she was in town at her condo at Snowbird. (Thanks Aunt Deb!!  You rock!)  I went skiing with two old timers who are friends of hers and had a great time.  I love skiing with people who have things to teach me and who KNOW the mountain.  Anyway, despite a very dry December so far (and thank goodness for snow making machines), the snow wasn't too horrible.  I only fell once and made my first tram ride in the winter to the top of Hidden Peak!

2.  I took Helena to see the Nutcracker this past Saturday.  It was fun to do something just her and I.  It doesn't happen very often, for sure.  I took her to a play last Christmas and she kept calling it a movie -- same with the ballet.  I think she liked it even though she kept asking me when we could leave and why they weren't talking (all totally NOT in her whispering voice!)  At intermission she made sure to stop and tell the usher that "We were going to be right back!  We're going to the potty!!"  Embarrassingly, halfway through the second act I noticed this bad smell and realized that H-dog had a bad case of the farts.  And then she told me she had a bad case of the farts (also not in her whisper voice).  Evidently we need to go out in public more to practice our manners.

3.  We had fun the last two Saturdays at some holiday parties.  Jason & Audrey's cocktail bash was lively as ever -- Ash had a little too much fun and slept in his tie and dress clothes all night on the couch.  This Saturday night was Ash's company party and it was a lot more mellow.  One of the highlights for Ash was watching  a slide show of his work peeps and projects and trying to race his co-workers to identify which bridge this one was in the picture and which road project that one was.  Lord.  After yelling out some erroneous project names myself to participate ("That's Willowlake Road!"), I said "Honey, you surely realize HOW NERDY this is, right?"  Time to go. :)

4.  Here's a silly video of Harper 'brushing his teeth'.  He moves his head, not his hands, and yes, that is him spitting on the ground that you're looking at.  And then he falls at the end.  Because, I swear, he does that EVERY TIME I shoot a video of him.  Boys.  So silly.  Oh and as a bonus you get to hear Helena butt in and boss me around.  Welcome to my life.


-Emily :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

H-dog is goign to love reading about goign to The Nutcracker when she gets older! :) Mema