Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hey Batter Batter

Helena had her first t-ball game last night.  So cute, so funny.  It's pretty chaotic as well, but great for her to get the experience.  Her friend McKinley from preschool is playing as well and Helena told me she was excited to meet more new friends as we were walking up to the field.

They play 3 'innings' and don't really keep track of outs or try to get anyone out....just 'field' the ball and  everyone gets to take a turn at bat.  Helena hit three good ones and outpaced all the boys on her team once to field the ball.  After the fielded it, she came over to the sidelines to give me a hug.  It's so funny how at this age all of the boys are INTO IT...while the girls are just like...OK, whatever.  :)

Obviously they didn't take shirt size requests...:)

Ash showed up as she was first on the field and she repeatedly yelled at him "DAD!  DON'T WATCH ME!!"  I thought it was funny...Ash was annoyed. :)  Harper repeatedly ran onto the field to help out...crazy kid!

I'll try to take a video next game...my camera battery died on me halfway through yesterday. 

Go Orioles!!

-Emily :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny...love the picture of Helena talking with her friend! And could the t-shirts be any larger!?
Love Mema

Aunt MariAnn said...

Fabulous! Wish I could be there to watch! :)