Thursday, September 15, 2011

Busy Weekend


My running buddy Rosa pumped at the starting line. :)
I know, it's Thursday and the most current thing I can think to write about is last weekend....but, it was a good one...I promise!

Started off Saturday running the Tooele 10k race with my friend Rosa.  It was my second 10k (the first one I ran two weeks ago) and I'm proud to say I did really well (for me).  No medals or anything, but I finished in the middle of the pack and improved my time from two weeks ago by eight minutes.  (This is the part where I should mention that the race was entirely downhill. Full disclosure here.  There were 3 hills at the end, though.  Which wasn't nice after running as fast as you can down a canyon.)  For some reason I was SO SORE after this one...just now getting over it.  I guess downhill works different muscles...is more jarring...no idea.  We got a good laugh at the hillbilly-ness that is just west of the Oquirrh Mountains from Salt Lake City.  Part of the race was through an open range cow-grazing area...so we dodged some livestock and ran over several cow grates as part of the race. We also witnessed a broke down car or to on the race road and had a portion of the race on a dirt-ish road. :)  It was fun!
After the race, I headed home to relieve Ash of his morning kid duties so he could ride his bike before I headed for a girls overnight staycation in Park City with some SLC friends.

Amanda and Anne -- Troopers at about 36 weeks preggers.  :)  Or as one passerby noted on the street as we were out late drinking..."That's dedication!"  Ha!

Rosa and her Seven & Seven.

Jolena and Susanna -- who also had busy mornings doing a triathlon (J) and a 20 mile training run (S)!
The staycation was great -- I got to spend some quality time with new friends and also eat delicious food, drinks, smell the clean mountain air, hot tub on our balcony facing main street, and have a massage at the Deer Valley Resort.  It. Was. Fabulous.  And relaxing...which is what we all needed.
Heidi, hungover me, Amanda, Jolena, Rosa, Susanna and Anne -- outside the super fabulous Stein Eriksen Lodge spa at Deer Valley.
Thanks for the great time this weekend girls! 

- Emily :)

No comments: