Monday, April 18, 2011

First Ballet Recital

Helena had her first ballet recital last Thursday.  Talk about adorable.  I had tears in my eyes the entire time.  And I'm pretty sure Ash did too. We were so proud of her getting up there and dancing in front of all of those people.  We did have to bring bunny (who watched from my purse this time), and, as you'll see, immediately following the dance, Helena beelines to me to give me a hug in the audience.  So cute!

Here's the video...and my apologies for seeing a lot of her teacher's bum during this...ha!


Her teacher also got all the little girls roses.  So sweet!  They all did such a good job.
Very excited about her costume for the recital -- new crown and tutu!

Almost too excited to pose with mommy!
Afterwards we went out to dinner to celebrate.  We asked Helena what she wanted to eat....her answer...."French fries and eggs!!!"  So, off to IHOP we went.

-Emily :)

4 comments:

Amanda W. said...

That was the cutest thing that I have ever seen! :o) Great job Helena!

Aunt MariAnn said...

That was awesome! I've watched it 3 times..once by myself, once with Bill and once with Conner. We all loved it! I'll have to show them at work tomorrow. Yay for Helena! :)

Anonymous said...

Brought tears to Mema's eyes!!

Tish said...

lol i love that the one little girl backhanded her in the dance...graceful little swan she is lol

that was too frickin cute and i love how she immediately ran to you once it was over. :)