Monday, August 16, 2010

Quoting Helena

Helena is always cracking us up. And I know she's probably most funny to us, but I just have to share some things she's said lately that are pretty hilarious.

-- While taking a walk with Ellie and Jessica while they were here her hair was blowing in her face and she said, exasperated, "I want to be a boy with my hair!!"

--My sister babysat all three kids while we went out for our anniversary during her visit. In the middle of trying to go put Ellie and Helena to bed, they both had to go #2. Ellie had used Helena's toilet and not flushed all the way, which freaked Helena out so much she had to go into our bathroom. But then she had a change of heart, telling my sister that she wanted to go poopy in her bathroom after all so that "her and Ellie's poopies could have a party."

--One day she started belting out "who let the frogs out!!!" to the tune of 'who let the dogs out'. They must listen to that song at school?!? No idea.

-- Helena likes to find money and put it in her piggy bank. I always tell her she has to save her money for college. She has no idea what college is and one day Ash told her she was going to grow up and be a Jayhawk. Well, she knows what a Jayhawk is, in an animal type of way....and immediately starts crying "No...I don't want to be a Jayhawk." We say, "But mommy and daddy are Jayhawks?!?" Hard to explain ourselves out of that one.

Helena enjoying a popsicle in the backyard.

-- Along the same saving money lines, yesterday she said, "I'm going to save this money so I can buy more ham at the store." She also said, "Daddy has to go to work tomorrow so we can buy more ham." I guess the college line isn't sticking. And, really, we don't talk about ham that much, I swear.

-Emily :)

5 comments:

Tracee said...

When offering Anderson snack options he constantly says, "I want a new snack," as in, no those options suck. But offer him a "ham snack" and he goes for it every time... : )

Tish said...

LMAO...are you sure she's not my kid? anyone talking about poop having a party has to be related to me.

T. Tabish said...

She cracks me up!!! What's up with the ham? Keep writing these down, she'll love reading them when she's in college. And hopefully a Jayhawk. :)

Anonymous said...

Do NOT let Uncle Justin hear that she doesn't want to be a Jayhawk! He would love hearing that one. Love, Mema.

kjl said...

She's hysterical! You definitely need to keep a journal of Helenaisms. Those will be so priceless when she's older!